Saturday, November 17, 2007

day ten...


... yesterday was awesome. Albuquerque, NM. I'd never been there, but I'd sure love to go back. Incredible people--not a big crowd, but a very responsive one--I've never run into more people with unique and beautiful names in my life! I'd try to recall (and spell) them for you, but I'd surely butcher one or all of them.

I'm attaching a simple picture taken with my phone from the parking lot of the church... quite a horizon--cooler in person, obviously.

Last night was the 2nd night of shows that were in cities where the radio is playing 'You Are' right now. The most humbling facet of those nights is hearing the stories--one woman divulged that she was home getting ready in the morning the first time she ever heard 'You Are' on the radio and she said her hands went up right then and there... wow. Another woman was encouraged by 'As Long As I Have You' and shared with me that she's the mother of a special-needs child of 8 years... she humbly and sweetly asked for continued prayers saying 'God knows our names... a generic prayer for us would be appreciated.' Yet another, moved by the song 'The Least I Can Do' shared that God saved her daughter's life at a young age--she apparently had cancer, and this mother added that miracle in her own heart to the list of things our Creator has done for us. "The Least I Can Do is worship Him" she commented...

Wow... speechless I head into the final weekend, first Niwot, CO then Wichita, KS. I guess I've all but given away my setlist secret in this post, but that's ok. Two shows left, then I get to see and hold my beautiful wife and son again...

Keep in touch... I'll keep you posted.

No comments: