Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sunday, Oct. 7th


Worship Setlist:

Everlasting God (Brenton Brown, Ken Riley)
Happy Day (Tim Hughes, Ben Cantelon)
You Never Let Go (Matt Redman, Beth Redman)

All Who Are Thirsty (Brenton Brown, Glen Robertson)
Here I Am, Lord (Dan Schutte)


We wrapped up our series called 'Just Walk Across the Room' yesterday with a message entitled 'The Big Fish'... Nothing spectacular happened from a musical standpoint at the service, but it's always awesome to see God show up in spite of ourselves. I haven't been a very good steward of my own ability to sleep lately, especially on Saturday nights, and I was running on fumes. We worship a Creator far more amazing than I have the capacity to understand, and I think that reality is most potent to me after I walk off of that platform--little, flawed, pathetic man that I am--only able to bring anyone into the throne room by His permission and with the help of His grace...

Ok, that's enough :) Anyway, this Saturday marks our first EVER Saturday 4:30pm service, and following it, a more reasonable 7:45am call time on Sunday a.m. and only two services... My vocal chords will undoubtedly thank me.

2 comments:

hippychick said...

Hey Mark, you may night think anything spectacular happened with music on Sunday but I'm telling you, the songs brought out the Holy Spirit in a lot of people in all 3 services. You may have felt wiped out but you did not look or act like it. Get some sleep this weekend!! See ya!

Anonymous said...

I agree, you didn't seem to be wiped out. I love it that you remind the congregation to not just clap but always praise Him! Keep on rockin!